potvory — digital designers
we want to combine fire and water. traditional and contemporary. old-fashioned and modern. analogue and digital. black and white. one with another.
why? because pencil, brush, scissors and paper are all not enough. because mouse, keyboard and pixels on the screen are all not enough. because lonely tunes are not enough. we need to look for new connections. new means, solutions, symbiosis of contradictions, linking of expressions. in order to create fresh, unnamed, unknown, uncopied, hybrid, monstrous.
if we weren't designing together, we would have started a farm.
mountains in his heart, forest in his mind.
he designs, takes photographs, glues tunes, does magic. MFA in graphic design in Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Poland. currently lives in Zlin, Czech Republic.
a music lover and a connoisseur of small musical instruments: jew's-harps, karimbas and ocarinas. likes people and long conversations. reads comic books. loves animation and good movies. ethnology, mythology, folk, entomology are the key words and very broad subjects for him to discuss. he's fascinated by the Internet culture, games. an Internet surfing addict. in his free time, he swims, treks in the mountains and cooks.
if he wasn't a designer, he would be a traveler or a zoologist.
designs, draws, takes photographs, animates, writes, sometimes codes. MFA in digital design in Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Czechia. BFA in graphic design in Acadamy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Poland. BA in comparative studies of civilisations in Jagiellonian University in Cracow, Poland.
culture freak. fascinated with the Islam civilisation and writing systems. typogramaniac. eagerly reads, writes, converts. watches animations and non-animations. cannot stop reading a good book. enjoys new songs that sound like the old ones. runs, swims, sometimes dances.
if he wasn't a designer, he would be a famous screenwriter.
· Silver A' Design Award 2018 in Mobile Technologies, Applications and Software Design (Pyeniny – mobile audio guide)
· Winner of Videomapping Festival 2015 in Faro, Portugal (Genesis – videomapping)
· Winner of Typomania Festival 2015 in Moscow, Russia (Holiday Ode – visual poetry)
· Official selection at 2nd International Students' Moving Type Festival MOTYF 2014 in Warsaw, Poland (Holiday Ode – visual poetry)
· Winner of Graduation Projects 2013 (Pyeniny – mobile audio guide)
· Zlin Design Week, Open Call, Zámek Zlín, Czechia, 2018
· A' Design Exhibition – Ex-Chiesa di San Francesco in Como, Italy, 2018
· DESET – Galerie CZECHDESIGN in Prague, Czechia / Regional Gallery of Fine Arts in Zlin, Czechia / Riesa efau. Kultur Forum Dresden, Germany / Fábrica da Cerveja in Faro, Portugal / ÚĽUV Design Studio Bratislava, Slovakia, 2016—2017
· Akademos. A place for Poets and Philosophers – in Gutenberg-Museum in Mainz, Germany, 2016
· Graduation Projects 2013 – Zamek Cieszyn in Cieszyn, Poland / Platán Galéria in Budapest, Hungary, 2014
· Projekt: Biblioteka, City Library in Jastrzębie Zdrój, Poland, 2013
· The Design Department at The Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Poland – Jack Olson Gallery in Illinois, USA, 2013
· Visual identity student design – The Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland, 2013